The cultural life of the municipality was already in full swing well before the villages of Bondville, East Hill, Foster, Fulford, Iron Hill, Knowlton and West Brome merged in 1971 to create the Town of Brome Lake.
In order to consolidate its cultural resources and define municipal interventions in cultural life, the municipality adopted a Cultural Policy in 2011.
The establishment of the Cultural Initiatives Support Fund, one of the major achievements in implementing this policy, has fostered the emergence of many innovative and formative projects:
• The Knowlton Literary Festival
• Les Printemps meurtriers de Lac-Brome
• The Eastern Townships Film Festival
• Digitization of the Brome County Historical Society archives
• The Tour des Arts
• The Celtic Harmonies International Festival
• Concerts by the Knowlton Harmony Band and Brome Lake Concert Ensemble
• Concerts by the group Harmonie des Saisons
• The Au Jour le Jour amateur theatre group