General Informationinformations - COVID-19Frais et contribution bénévoleGarden CareFees and Volunteer ContributionGardening TechniquesContact
- The garden season starts April 17 and finishes October 31
- The garden is open from sunrise to sunset. Please keep the gates locked at all times.
- Gardeners and guests are expected to follow Town bylaws (noise, litter, alcohol, smoking, etc).
- Dogs are not allowed inside the garden area.
- Bikes, skateboards and scooters are not allowed inside the garden area.
- Your children are welcome, but please watch them. Do not allow them to play in other people’s gardens.
- There are tools, wheelbarrows and hoses for shared use in the shed. Please return them ready for the next person. Always lock the shed before you leave.
Safety instructions during the pandemicJardin_COVID_V2_EN_web
- Les frais de location du jardinet sont payables lors de l’inscription. Si vous annulez votre inscription avant le 1er juin, vous serez remboursés. Il n’y aura pas de remboursement après cette date.
- Tous les jardiniers s’engagent à donner 4 heures de travail bénévole par année au jardin communautaire. Vous pourrez participer aux corvées du printemps et de l’automne, ou faire des plus petits travaux pendant la saison. Les jardiniers qui ne complètent pas leurs 4 heures de bénévolat pourraient se voir refuser un jardinet pour la saison suivante.
- Trois ateliers auront lieu durant la saison. Début mai, atelier d’initiation, un suivi sera fait en juillet et finalement un atelier sur la fermeture collective sera fait en octobre.
- You are responsible for your garden and the paths around your garden. This includes normal weeding, watering and general care, as well as picking up litter when necessary.
- Garden beds that are still empty on June 12 may be reassigned to someone else.
- If you are away for more than a week, please arrange to have someone look after your garden.
- If you no longer want your garden, please tell us right away. You cannot give your garden away. The garden will be assigned to the next person on the waiting list.
- Please let us know if you are having a hard time keeping up with your garden so we can help you find a solution. If your garden is not being cared for, you will get a notice. After 2 notices, your garden will be assigned to someone else.
- Your deposit will be returned to you when you empty your garden by October 31. If you would like to register for the following year, you can choose to have your deposit carried over to the new season.
- The Garden Rental Fee is payable when you are assigned a garden. If you give up your garden before June 1, you will be reimbursed. After June 1, no refunds will be given.
- All gardeners agree to give 4 hours of volunteer work in the garden per season. There will be opportunities to participate in work bees in the Spring and Fall, as well as carrying out smaller tasks in the course of the season. Gardeners who do not complete their volunteer work may not be reassigned a plot next season.
- Three workshops will take place during the season. In early May, initiation workshop, follow-up will be done in July and finally a workshop on collective closure will be done in October.
- Artificial pesticides, weed killers and fertilizers are not allowed. If you are interested in learning more about organic gardening methods, we can help!
- Please follow the guidelines for composting. Garbage goes in the garbage bins, recycling goes in the recycling bins.
- Only hand watering is allowed (watering can or hose). No automatic sprinklers or sprayers.
- Please do not water for more than 15 minutes if other people are waiting for the hose.
- During periods of drought, all Town water restrictions apply.
- Do not plant tall crops in places that will shade gardens around yours.
- Illegal plants, tobacco, invasive plants as amaranth are not allowed.
- Please pick only from your own garden.