Town of Brome Lake, thanks to its website featuring garage sales, makes it very simple to find what you are looking for near home. Whether you are an amateur of antiques and second-hand goods, an antique dealer, or you are simply curious, there is something to be found for everyone.
**Garage sales will again be allowed in Brome Lake starting Saturday, September 5th! As usual, you must go to Town Hall to obtain a permit, at a cost of $10. The list of garage sale locations will be posted below as soon as they are available.
Because of the current sanitary context, the following instructions will have to be respected:
- Government rules regarding gatherings in the context of COVID-19 must be respected. For example, as sales are on private land, there can be no more than 10 people at a time from a maximum of 3 households, and a distance of 2 m between people must be maintained.
- The objects handled must be disinfected each time, ideally people should not be allowed to touch the objects before purchase.
- If gloves are worn, vigilance must be exercised on the surfaces touched and this does not eliminate the need for hand washing (hands should always be washed after removal of gloves).
- Although contactless payments (like Interac) are preferred, where possible, cash transactions can be done by limiting the time and distance of interaction with the customer and by washing hands after the transaction.
- Wearing a mask or face cover is mandatory.
- Direct contact for greetings, such as handshakes or hugs, should be avoided. The use of alternative, non-contact greetings should be preferred.
- Finally, persons who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, who are awaiting a result, who have symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been instructed to isolate themselves should not participate in this type of gathering. This applies to both the guests and host of such gatherings and to people living in the same household.