Boil Water Advisory
Please note that a boil water advisory is currently in effect in all areas of the town. It applies to all municipal water system users.
Bring water to a rolling boil for one minute before consuming it. Here is other recommendations from the Ministère de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques :
Precautions must be taken for the following uses
- To prepare formula, bottles and baby food;
- For preparing beverages, juices, tea and coffee;
- Washing vegetables and fruit that will be eaten raw;
- To prepare food that do not require prolonged cooking (canned soups, jello, etc.);
- Making ice cubes;
- Brushing your teeth and rinse your mouth;
- Drinking water for pets.
However, tap water can be used without being boiled for the following tasks
- To prepare foods and dishes that require prolonged boiling (soups, pasta and vegetables);
- Washing dishes in hot water with detergent, making sure to dry them thoroughly;
- Running the dishwasher, if it is set to the warmest cycle;
- Washing clothes and take a shower or bath. For young children, make sure they don’t swallow water while bathing or wash them with a washcloth.
The situation should be back to normal by the beginning of next week.
We invite you to share this notice with your loved ones!