Water Supply System Rinsing Operations Will Soon Begin
The water supply system will be rinsed as of Monday, May 3rd in Brome Lake.
This annual procedure not only removes iron and rust particles, but also ensures good quality drinking water and maintains the entire system in good condition.
The Knowlton area will be the first to be done.
- Spring Hill
- Knowlton (Spring Hill to Maple)
- St. Paul
- Conference area streets (Grove, Capel, Sinclair, Stockwell) and Ball Street
- Lakeside Road
- Mount Echo Road and Royea Road
- Crandall Street
- Victoria and Pine Area
- Knowlton Road from Maple to Jolibourg
- Jolibourg Area
- James Area
The following week, the work will move to the Bondville sector.
Remember that during these activities, water can be consumed without danger. It is not necessary to boil it. Here’s what this could mean for you:
- a slight decrease in water pressure
- a reddish coloration from rust dislodging
It is recommended to check the condition of the water before consuming it or doing a load of washing (it is best not to wash your clothes between 7 am and 4 pm). If the water is discoloured, turn on the cold water tap and let it run for about 15 minutes until it becomes clear again.