For a healthy and active population and a thriving tourism industry
The mission of this department is to encourage the development and support of social, recreational, cultural and tourism programs and resources for the citizens of the Town of Brome Lake (TBL). Responsibility for tourism has also been added, which adds the mission of attracting tourists throughout the year in our beautiful region.
Leisures and culture
It takes care of organized leisure activities for young people as well as seniors including, among others:
- Courses for the whole family and seniors,
- Day camps,
- The District1217 for Teenagers,
- The 9-12 Club,
- The Skate-park,
- Douglass Beach,
- Walking paths,
- Swim lessons at Douglass Beach,
- Sports leagues such as soccer at Lions Park.
Inter-municipal agreements are also in place with the Town of Waterloo for figure skating and minor hockey and with the town of Cowansville for figure skating, swimming and minor hockey.
Community and Health Services
The Centre Lac-Brome is a local reference center for health, social and government services. It is a one-stop shop that includes:
- Wellness Center for Seniors whose objective is to improve the quality of life of seniors in the region by providing meals on wheels, volunteer transportation, alarm system via a panic button that can be activated when needed to call for help, as well as friendly visits to avoid isolation.
- A food bank that distributes commodities once a month to families in need.
- Drop-in Day care for 18 months to 5 years.
- Early Learning workshops twice a week to awaken your child’s curiosity, confidence, self-esteem, self-esteem and overall development
- Community kitchens to prepare meals for your family that you can bring home. A great way to meet new people.
- Cloth diapers subsidy for TBL residents. 50% of the purchase price up to a maximum of $ 150
- CLSC Lac-Brome, which provides blood services, nursing care, a “mom and baby” clinic and access to psychosocial services
- Brome-Missisquoi Medical Clinic providing physician services
- TBL Community Agency Directory: Management maintains a list of TBL community groups and clubs.
Tourisme Lac-Brome is the organization that promotes the region’s tourism offer to visitors throughout the year. Its goal is to encourage visitors to choose Brome Lake for their next vacation or getaway. During the summer, it also operates the Lakeside Road Permanent Tourist Welcome Office and its mobile version that travels through events on the TBL territory or in places popular with tourists.