Some data on Brome lake
A 14.6 km² body of water, Brome lake is bordered to the east by Foster, Gauvin and Glenn Mountains, from which Coldbrook Creek flows.
- Perimeter: 20.6 km
- Average depth: 6.3 meters
- Maximum depth (at the pit): 12.8 meters
- Water turnover time: 10.2 months
- Total water volume: 94.6 million m³
- Average discharge rate: 3.9 m³ (at the Foster dam)
- The pond pouring of the Brome lake adds to 186,7 km²
- The high-water mark is 197.28 meters above sea level.
Brome lake Water Level
Town of Brome Lake, in collaboration with the Centre d’expertise hydrique du Québec (CEHQ), makes available computer data on the level and flow of Brome lake collected from two stations erected in 2006: one at the Douglass beach and the other 8 km downstream the Foster dam, on the bridge on Matapédia Road.
To access these statistics, click on the following links: